In our continuous effort to reach the highest levels of quality, we have made a significant investment in R&D. We have implemented a R&DManagement System verified and certified by AENOR based on the standard UNE 166.002. JOCA has been involved in several areas of action derived from a variety of projects and company certificates. Over the past years, the following research and development studies and collaborations have been carried out:
- – Contract with the Roads, Canals and Ports Engineering Technical School of the Castilla la Mancha University, to carry out works corresponding to “Research and Development of applications for the design and exploitation of wastewater purification stations through prolonged aeration”.
- – Joint project with the Roads, Canals and Ports Engineering Technical School of the Ciudad Real University, to establish reference criteria for environmental management in five specific construction procedures: viaduct construction, tunnel construction, borrow pit management, slag tip management, and slope treatment.
- – Collaboration protocol with the Centre for Investigation, Promotion, and Application of New Water Technologies (CENTA), for the development of an experimental project called PROYECTO AQUELECTRA, which designs a highly atomised wastewater purification plant which, given that it requires little space, reduces implementation costs by 40% compared to a conventional plant, as well as reducing energy consumption and simplifying operation by eliminating the line of sludge.
- – The project is carried out in Planta Experimental de Carrión de los Céspedes (PECC) in Andalusia, an important place for the diffusion and valuation of hydraulic resources in general and, more specifically, of extensive purification technologies which are particularly suited to purification in small municipalities.
- – With this collaboration, JOCA has initiated a water purification prototype which allows it to improve their knowledge regarding purification and hydraulic works alongside a renowned research and development centre such as CENTA.Embankment – Structure transitions: A study of their behaviour using numerical simulations. Process developed by JOCA and which has been certified by the Technological Research, Development, and Innovation Accreditation Agency (AIDIT). CERTIFICATE NO. 15/C-PR41 BY RD 1432/2003, FULFILLING THE REQUIREMENTS OF UNE 166.001/2006.
“Retraction Control System for Retractable Bridges”, which consists in improving construction processes in bridges. It has been certified by the Madrid Chamber. CERTIFICATE NO. ECE-IDI 019.1206
“Tunnel Instrumentation Integrated System”, which consists in improving construction processes in tunnels, certified by the Madrid Chamber of Commerce. CERTIFICATE NO. EDE-DID 020.1206 RESPECTIVELY BY RD 14327/2003.
Automated management and Use Control system for Individual and Collective Protective Equipment Based on the Use of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) to Prevent Workplace Risks in the Construction Sector.
Technological Development Project of a Corporate Research nature developed in collaboration with the Association of Independent Constructors (ANCI). Certified by AENOR with no. 068/0516/07 according to standard UNE 166001:2006.
Agreement with the Castilla La Mancha University, through the Roads, Canals, and Ports Engineering Technical School of the Ciudad Real University to carry out the work called “Design and numerical modelling of embankment-structure transitions in railway lines”. CERTIFIED by EQA (EUROPEAN QUALITY ASSURANCE) NO. ITCE 63509, ACCORDING TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF UNE 166.001/2006 with the associated report.
“Optimisation of the construction procedure for large concrete viaducts of a medium span”. In an agreement with the Castilla La Mancha University to carry out the project CERTIFIED by EQA (EUROPEAN QUALITY ASSURANCE) according to UNE 166.001/2006, WITH NO. ITCE 63409, with the associated report.
Collaboration with the National Association of Independent Constructors (ANCI) to create various university theses in research projects:
Influence of the implementation of the concrete in the durability of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures.
Dynamic of high-velocity railway bridges: Calculation Method and Resonance Study.
Analysis of Compensation for movements originated by tunnel excavation.
Residual Stress in Triple-Stranded Steel Wire.
Theoretical and Experimental Determination of Stress Interaction Diagrams in factory-made structures and application to analysis of historical structures.
Acquisition of numerous certifications for projects and processes by prestigious institutions such as the Madrid Chamber of Commerce, the Research Accreditation Agency, Technological Development and Innovation (AIDIT), the Spanish Association of Standardisation and Certification (AENOR), or the EQA (European Quality Assurance) certifying entity.
Collaboration in the development of the research project “Bending dimensions of concrete elements using RSD techniques”. Project carried out by the Research Group Technology of Structures: Concrete and Steel, of the Granada University.
In addition, as an innovative company, JOCA has several collaboration agreements with the leading associations in the sector:
- “Bioelectrogenic Treatments for Purifying Wastewater”
The project has three objectives: develop a natural system for purifying wastewater using bioelectrogenic wetlands, establish a system of anaerobic electrogenic treatment for wastewater and build an electrogenic nutrient elimination system (nitrogen).
Bioelectrogenesis is a new process by which certain bacteria can oxidise organic matter and directly transfer the electrons generated to a solid conductive surface such as graphite. This way clean energy can be obtained and stored.
- (Technological Institute of Ornamental Rocks and Construction Materials)
This is a public collaboration agreement with said technological centre to collaborate in scientific research and technological development activities.
- Collaboration in the R&D ACEX Project in the following areas:Area 1: Optimising road safety solutions applied form the point of view of conservation.
Area 2: Optimisation of Preventive Winter Roadways treatments through Detailed Weather Forecasts.
Area 3: Design of Satellite Positioning Systems to improve the management of auxiliary and snow-clearing vehicle fleets.
- INTEGRA AGUA
- Together with the association ASAGUA, the company is developing a research project in water purification, in collaboration with other members and companies in the sector. It is an “Integrated Project” called “Integra Agua”.
- Agreement in collaboration with the Extremadura University to develop the project for becoming a Campus of International Excellence in the Efficient Management of Natural Water Resources.